Have you ever wondered, how much time at work you spend in different kind of meetings? Team meetings, project meetings, ad-hoc meetings … Sometimes, after all day of back-to-back meetings, you still have to do some real work after hours. Then you start the next day by summarizing and thinking over the previous one. You have no time left for creative and conceptual work.
All these meetings that we participate in during a work day have different objectives. Sometimes we just need to find out what is happening in the team, very often, however, we need to find a solution to a problem. The latter is aimed at achieving a specific objective. If you have a closer look at such meetings, it turns out to be a very time-consuming and complex process, full of pitfalls:
- First, it often takes a long time to find time and place (may be virtual) that would suit all participants
- When the meeting begins, we wait for latecomers, we waste time on introductions, small talk, summaries, and paraphrasing. People need these things to sustain relations and feel good but it also consumes a lot of time that they could use more efficiently.
- When we hold a meeting virtually using a conferencing device, technology is a very common obstacle. Sometimes you cannot hear, cannot present, some people see your screen, others can not.
- Add to this problems of personal nature: the most expansive personality can dominate a meeting and impose his or her vision on others. Those who prefer to sit on the side and not get involved, will not contribute, although in reality might have a lot of valuable ideas. The presence of a boss can also suppress ideas generation process.
- Finally, meetings distract us from day-to-day tasks and with repeated interruptions, our productivity drops dramatically.
Would it not be good if we could avoid those disadvantages and get required results by devoting only 15 minutes at a convenient time of the day?
It is possible. For over 20 years we have been designing innovative solutions for companies and institutions from small to the largest. We conducted a lot of business transformations, solved hundreds of problems. We have used various tools, including the ones we created.
That’s why in Q2 of 2017 we will present you the TeamStormer software. We designed it to make purposeful meetings extremely easy. If you want to know how it works even now, please visit www.teamstormer.com or contact us directly. We are happy to answer all your questions